RUNNING ROOM CROSS-COUNTRY GRAND PRIX #2
SATURDAY | SEPTEMBER 14, 2019 | SEE LIVE RESULTS
Schedule of Events | September 14, 2019
|Race Division||Distance||Start Time|
|Grade 9/10 Girls||3km||9:00am|
|Grade 9 Boys||3km||9:30am|
|Grade 10/11 Boys||4km||10:00am|
|Grade 11/12 Girls||4km||10:30am|
|Grade 11/12 Boys||6km||12:00pm|
|ACAC Women | Women's Open||6km||12:00pm|
|ACAC Men | Men's Open||8km||1:00pm|
*Awards for each category will be handed out shortly after each race.
Deadline to Register | September 11th, 2019 @ 12:00PM
How to Register
ACAC Members | $8.00 per participant | Contact Randy Stewart for Registration
Sr. High School Teams | $8.00 per particpant | Contact Randy Stewart for Registration
Women's Open | $10.00 per participant | Online Registration
Men's Open | $10.00 per participant | Online Registration
Directions | Parking
The races will take place on RDC Campus. Registration Check-In will be located inside the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre and the Start/Finish will be just west of the building.
GARY W. HARRIS CANADA GAMES CENTRE | RED DEER COLLEGE
Click here for a map of the campus, including parking.
Course Map | Description
2 Kilometre Loop
Start/Finish - The start/finish is located on the west side of the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre
- 0 meters – Start/finish line for the course is located on the west side of the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre which itself is located on the western side of the college adjacent to the QE2 highway. It is the extension of the paved path that ends beside the open field.
- The CCC proceeds in a south direction.
- 97 meters - Base of a 30-meter 6% grade hill.
- 127 meters - At the top of the hill the course takes a left-hand turn.
- Downhill 3% grade for 126 meters.
- 253 meters - Up and down 50-meter 6% grade. Paved path at bottom will be covered with carpet.
- CCC proceeds east for 458 meters. The terrain is mostly flat with some minor ups and downs. Follows RDC’s back road (College Circle). Mostly grass.
- 711 meters - Right onto grassy area. 64 meters on grass.
- 775 meters - CCC narrows to basically single track however there are many opportunities to pass.
- Downhill 4% grade for 27 meters
- Flat single track for 59 meters
- 861 meters - Right turn.
- Uphill (7% grade) for 26 meters.
- Two ups and downs on single track for 116 meters.
- 1000 meters - Located 10 meters before exiting the trees.
- Follow the south perimeter of the pond. Varied terrain. Some minor hills.
- 1320 meters -West side of the pond turn left onto wide path.
- 1343 meters - Top of sharp downhill. (8% grade)
- 1366 meters - Bottom of downhill.
- CCC follows wide trail.
- 1505 meters - Left turn on wide trail.
- 1643 meters – Trail opens to wide area which passes on the west side of the Red Deer College Sign.
- Slight right and slight uphill.
- 1815 meters – Back onto open field where start/finish is located.
- CCC curves to the start/finish line.
- 2000 meters – Start/finish.
Randy Stewart | Event Coordinator | | email@example.com | 403.314.2457