FAQ for International Student-Athletes

The following FAQ questions are meant to assist international students interested in attending and representing RDC.

How do I join the Kings or the Queens?

Individuals interested in trying out for an RDC Team must contact the Head Coach for the team by completing the appropriate tryout form. Click here to access the form.

How do I apply for Admission to Red Deer College?

International applicants to Red Deer College should begin applying at least four (4) to six (6) months in advance of the term in which they wish to commence studies.   See the international application deadlines for each term.

Do student-athletes receive special admission consideration?

Student-athletes do not receive any special admission consideration when applying to Red Deer College.  All students are admited using the same academic requirements for their college program.  Click here for more information on our admission requirements.

What documentation do I need to study at Red Deer College?

Study Permit - A valid Study Permit must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before the first day of classes. Click here for full admission details.

Social Insurance Number - You will need a Canadian Social Insurance Number to receive an RDC Financial Award or Scholarship, as well as to work during your studies.  Click here for more information on how to secure a Social Insurance Number. You can apply for your Social Insurance Number once you arrive in Canada. Please note that students enroll in the academic upgrading program may not be eligibile to receive a Social Insurance Number and will need to apply for a Individual Tax Number.  Click here for more information on how to secure an Individual Tax Number.

Health Insurance - International student-athlete must have Alberta Health Care Insurance Coverage.  Click here for details on how to apply for Alberta Health Care Insurance. You can apply for your Alberta Health Care Insurance once you arrive in Canada.